viernes, 26 de abril de 2013

Changes in progress :)

Sorry, this is long overdue... cant really blame it on anything but procrastination :P

Updates:

1. My visa has been renewed and my plane ticket booked. I leave Uganda on June 10th. I will be flying to London. There I will have an overnight layover where I will get to see my cousin who lives there. The next morning I will fly to Miami where I will have a short layover, then a quick hop down to Guatemala (arriving the evening of the 11th).

2. Baseball season has begun!!!!!! :D
"They're singing Go, Cubs, go! Go, Cubs, go! Hey, Chicago, what do you say, the Cubs are gonna win today!"

3. (regarding the boys)
No more school!!! Wooo-hoo! Wednesday was the last day of school and Thursday we got the school room all cleaned up.
A  few days ago, as I was packing up my stuff, the boys asked me if they could look at my bandannas.... in the end we all were wearing them and got some fun pictures :) 


Paul lives next door, he is a super fun kid and he hangs out at the house a lot. Saturday was is birthday, so (Sunday afternoon) we went swimming and had cake and ice cream :)


4. Since we are done with school, things are going to be changing a bit. Tonight I am in Kampala again with friends, the Broces. We met them when we were in Guatemala and they have been a huge help since I have been here. (Krister, me, Nick and Annaliese... this picture basically sums up our friendship)


5. Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be moving in to help at Ekisa (I will be there for a few weeks). I am super excited about my time there. It is going to be a great chance to learn about starting up ministries, how they run stuff (and in turn I will be able to apply what I like to my own future plans), and just all kinds of stuff. this is going to be an amazing opportunity for me! (I will try to do another blog update next week with pictures and detail about daily schedule)


6. After Ekisa I am still unsure. I had a general idea, but that has maybe fallen through, so over the next little bit I will be looking into my options. When I have plans in place, I will be sure to update you.

So, thats the update at this point. Like I said, I am hoping to update again soon, but with more detail. Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers :)

P.S. On a side note... Krishauna and I took an unexpected journey this last Saturday. We had an unexpected stop at the beach but within no time, we were back on track with our travels.
This is just a reminder to stay safe and prepared each and every Pirate Paterday ;)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario