miércoles, 2 de mayo de 2012

Everything

"And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you
Would you tell me how could it be any better than this
Cause you're all I want, you're all I need, you're everything, everything."
-Everything by Lifehouse (one of my all-time favorite songs, and if you have not heard it yet, I would strongly suggest you take a few minutes right now to listen to it.)


That last line posted, "You're all I want, you're all I need, you're everything," is an amazing line, but how often do we truly sing it from the heart?


For years now I have known this song, I have sung it, I have loved it, but about 2 weeks ago I came to a realization, I have never truly mean it. Yes, God is all I need, he is all that matters, he truly is everything.... but that is not true in my life, because he is not all that I want. My dad shared with us the other night, if you say, "All I need (be happy) is God and ______," than whatever you put in the blank, is a false God. My 'blank' is my family and the desire for a husband.... I hate to admit it, and it kinda makes me hate myself. I don't like it at all, I am on the missions field, right smack dab in the middle of Gods will..... but that is actually not Gods will if I am not on fire for him. Doing "Gods work" is not Gods work if I am not even right with Him in the first place. Again, He is all I need, and I know that with all my heart, but where exactly are my thoughts and my desires, because that reflects exactly weather or not my God is all I want. He is not all that I want, but that is a wrong set of priorities, that is a very wrong mindset, and I am in the possess of changing that. The first step is realizing it and being able to admit it (which is a lot harder than you realize).... now comes the really hard part, changing yourself to make that line ("You're all I want...") a true statement.

(Sorry, this post is just a bunch of little statements put together, and I hope it all makes sense)

1 comentario:

  1. I totally know what you mean! We all have desires that will come IF they are in God's will for us....Oh and do you watch American Idol? Cuz Colton Dixon rocked this song, multiple times...

    God Bless,
    Bridget

    ResponderEliminar