martes, 18 de septiembre de 2012

...then come follow me

Isaiah 31:8
"Assyria will fall by a sword that is not of man; a sword, not of mortals, will devour them..."

God is fighting the war that we are in, we are not expected to fight to the end by ourselves. We are called to put on armor and be standing back, ready to run in and help. He could easily do it himself, we are tiny, insignificant humans... we are not important in the battle, but we are called to be ready. So that if/when the moment comes where He says he would like our help, we will be prepared and ready to fight. We can not be watching the battle hoping that we will not be called in, if we are not prepared we will not be called (ether that, or you will be called and you will waist time getting ready).

Mark 10:21
"Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."  
That is being prepared.
Often the mindset is "What you are doing is amazing, I just don't feel like that is my calling." or, "If He calls me to do that, I will.... I just don't feel like I am supposed to at this moment." The question is... how do you know if He hasn't called you yet? or if you just need to take the step of faith first?
It says, "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor... THEN come, follow me." It does not say, come follow me..... NOW sell all you have and give to the poor. It's a leap of faith.

I am about to take a leap of faith. On Wednesday Teisha and I are leaving for a 6 week trip to Uganda, Africa. This trip is so we can see the culture, visit ministries and make contacts.... it is preparation for my move there in January (and Teishas move there in the future). This is not me saying I am a great person, this is me saying that I was raised my Godly parents who have shown me that God has a plan. They have taught me that change may be hard, but when it is God's will, it is all worth it.

I am terrified... but not really in the ways that people would think. I am scared of the travailing, not of flying... but making sure I am going to get to where I need to be on time (things like that). I am, also, nervous because I know that the moment I step on that plane, my life will never be the same (and big changes are super scary). In spite of all the scariness, I do know one thing... it is so going to be worth it.

I challenge each one of you reading this (which is not very many, so help out by making up for the lack of people)... prepare yourselves, THEN take a leap of faith... I can guarantee you will be glad you did.

1 comentario:

  1. i'm so excited for you guys! I'll be praying that God shows you His plan and that you travel safely! God bless, sista!

    ResponderEliminar