jueves, 23 de julio de 2015

NEXT STEP!

As many of you know, I have spent the last 6 or so weeks, moving from place to place, living with different missionary families as I research Kampala and look for a house. As many of you do not know, that failed miserably. I still don't know what area of Kampala I want to be in long-term and I was not finding any house that would be suitable to run a home from and that was also in my budget. So, about 2 weeks ago (with the "go ahead" from God) I stopped looking for a house and began looking for an apartment.... and I found one!!!!

Today, I went to "reserve" the apartment and next week, I will sign a 6 month lease. This is just temporary for me, I will still open up a home here, but it will still be a while before I am able to accept children in the home, so I might as well get an temporary place to live in while continuing to figure out what area I ill be in long-term. But for the mean time, I am in an area that I know, near friends.... so I will be getting settled in very soon. I will be using this time to begin language classes, get to know more people and ministries, and get better settled here in Uganda.

 So, this is the outside. I will be on the second floor
(the window a the very top of the picture is my bathroom window).

Main room (about 20ft by 16ft) 

Bedroom and closet (room is about 10ft by 10ft)

My very cozy little bathroom.

So, at this point I need to shop for some basic stuff (bed, fridge, microwave, curtains, food, etc.).... but as long as I have enough stuff to live off of, I could move in as soon as the 31st. Thanks again for all the prayers and support. I will do another update soon, on lease signing, key receiving, shopping and moving in :D

1 comentario:

  1. You go, girl! You've got the racing horse all saddled up and are kicking like wild to get her to move faster. We are happy you are getting a small apartment and leaving room to get to know the people and the culture ...... not to mention the language! Keep you eyes and heart on our Heavenly Father and you will win the prize, sure enough. Praying for you, precious lady.

    ResponderEliminar