jueves, 14 de diciembre de 2017

Our insane, always changing lives!

For months now I have known how badly I needed to update everyone. But so much has been going on that every time I tried to sit down and type up an update, I just didn't know where to start. I would fumble around for a while, then run out of time and I would save it and try to come back to it later, but I could never come up with a decent update because I just didn't know how. It is also very easy to forget about my blog because I do regularly post on Facebook, and sometimes I forget that people are not seeing updates there. But this time, no matter how poor my wording is, no matter how bad it sounds, this needs to get done. So please, bear with me! Here is a quick update update on life...

The past few months have been a whirlwind! Within 6 months time, I went from being single and independent, to being mother of 9 children, and then married. Life is beyond crazy, but also beyond amazing!!! So for anyone who does not really know what has been happening, I will give a very brief  overview. In May, my sister, Taryn, and I moved into a house down the street from my parents and started taking in kids. About the same time, I started dating my best friend, Stevie. Within no time, Taryn and I had 9 kids in our home and Stevie and I were engaged. Then started the insane 3 month engagement... planning a Guatemala wedding and trying to plan a U.S. wedding as well (thankfully we have an amazing friend in Ohio that took care of all the U.S. Stuff!), and doing all that while caring for 9 kids and trying to keep up with everything.... needless to say, I'm glad that the insanity of  that phase has passed. 





On November 3rd we had our Guatemala wedding. It was absolutely amazing having all my kids, all my parents' kids, and all our Guatemala friends and family celebrating together. We also had Stevie's mom, my grandparents, my aunt and her sister-in-law, and our friend who photographed the wedding (and did an incredible job!) all fly in for our wedding. It was absolutely beautiful!!!! Stevie and I then flew to Ohio on November 6th. The next 6 days we got to visit friends and family and work out the last few wedding details. Then on November 12th we got married again! This time with all our U.S. friends and family. This wedding was also absolutely beautiful as well.... it was just incredibly cold, but we made it through. We then got to go on a 5 day honeymoon. We drove out to PA and stayed at my aunt and uncles cabin in the woods. We had some wonderful, relaxing time with no responsibilities! It was really strange and absolutely amazing, just what we needed. After we drove back to Ohio we had just a few more days to spend time with family before heading back to Guatemala on the 20th..... just in time to go into the craziness of the holidays.




Now into the Liberia update...
I am still going, but I will now have my best friend, husband and ministry partner to go with me. We will still be doing the same work, we will just be a better team and be able to provide support to each other in it all (if you would like a reminder of the work we will be doing, feel free to go to my previous blog post, titled Adventure Awaits: When God Calls You Somewhere New, for the details). The plan was for us to head out in the spring, but that looks like it will be delayed. We are in the process of talking to the ministry partners there in Liberia to nail down specifics, but at the moment we are unsure of when we will be going because we are quite underfunded.

Ways you can help:
1. Donate! We have a lot to raise, and ideally we would like to be able to raise that money while here on the ground continuing our work, instead of having to head back to the States. If you feel God is calling you to donate, you can get the info at hopeforhome.org. Just be sure when you donate to specify that it is for the Liberia fund.
2. And of course pray! God is our provider in everything and we trust Him, please pray with and for us as we prepare. Pray for the ministry here in Guatemala, that He will help us be effective workers, and that we will be able to show all our children His love. Pray for the ministry in Liberia, that God will continue to help it thrive. Please pray for us as we make decisions that we will really hear God's will for us each step of the way.

Thank you all so much for your continued prayer and support.


From the crazy (and impossible to get a good picture) Chapin Family, Merry Christmas!!!



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario