jueves, 17 de diciembre de 2015

Latest update.... a little boring, but short and informative.

Finally, I have plans and feel like a blog update is worth writing!

First I want to say, the past 2 months of being home have been so good. It has also given me some much needed time of refreshment with family and friends. So far I have had the chance to watch the world series with my dad and siblings, witch was wonderful. Krishauna and Andi's wedding was so beautiful and it was amazing to be a part of it. We are now in full fledged Christmas mode! Then in January is Brittney and Joel's wedding. This was some much needed family time! I am also spending some time learning more about Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and other illnesses that will help me with the future.

Tickets to go home to Uganda are booked! I will be leaving Guatemala on January 23rd. I am going to be flying with my grandparents to Pennsylvania and will be spending a little bit of time with them and with Krishauna and Andi. I will leave Pennsylvania on February 2nd and will land in Uganda on the 3rd. 

When I get to Uganda things are not 100% curtain. I will be getting there around election time so there in no guarantee what things will be like (I have been told that things can be very unpredictable around election time). I am looking into the possibility of maybe staying with some friends for a week or two while this is going on, but decisions are still being made concerning that. Once everything calms down from that I will start the process of becoming an NGO there in Uganda. I do not know how long this will take, but it will be a step by step process that I will work through.

This coming summer I will be taking another trip. I will be heading to the United States for May and June. There is a two week (May 8th-19th) intense medical missions training seminar with Equip International in North Carolina. (If you would like to know more about it feel free to check it out  http://www.equipinternational.org/mmi/) This is a chance for me to learn how to diagnose and treat a verity of illnesses and and injury while on the missions field. This is some very good, basic information that will provide extremely helpful on the filed. I will be doing this in May (as opposed to fall when they host the same training) because I have a few very close friends who are getting married in June and this will allow me to be there for their special days. 

For anyone wondering I want to clear up a few things. First, my trip that I am on right now, in Guatemala, was provided by family members that really wanted me to be a part of my sisters weddings. Second, I have moved to Uganda but am planning multiple trips close together. This is not a result of my heart not being in Uganda. I am not questioning my call or changing my mind, this is a great opportunity and probably my last time to visit Ohio for quite a while. I do not plan on taking trips every 6 months or even every year, this is just how things have fallen into place. 

Thank you all for your continued prayer and support. 

Merry Christmas!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario